Wednesday 8 April 2009

British Craft Trade Fair



I'm back from the show and it was most enjoyable as usual. I had a really good show this year and I have found many new stockists which I will introduce as and when I get the orders out. It was a really inspiring few days. It's lovely to be around all the designer/makers, talking shop and admiring all their beautiful work. And I love putting faces to people I have only spoken to by email or on the phone. I met a few people who's work I had seen on Etsy which was nice. All the Hebden Bridge gang (Kate Rhodes, jewellery, Cathy Edwards, leather goods, Catherine Woodall, jewellery, Samantha Peare, embroidered textiles, Sue Candy, ceramics and Fiona Pattison, happy4pr) travel there and back every day so we have three hours travelling time every day to catch up with all the gossip! It's been fun. I'm missing everyone already but it's been nice NOT to be in the car at all today!

I wish I could tell you about all the exhibitors that I love. Have a look at the bctf exhibitor list to find some for yourself! I took a few photos but mst of them weren't great but let me show you Sam Peares gorgeous embroidered magpie. Don't you just love him? ...and Snapdragons lovely herb pillows (i bought some for Radiance).

And of course there was some good work swapping going on! I have come home with some beautiful cascading leaf print earrings by Naomi James from Brighton and an utterly lovely ring by Cindy Ashbridge from Cornwall and a gorgeous fern print by Amanda Ross from Cockpit Arts in London. All yummy stuff!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...