Wednesday 22 September 2010

Front Page Success!


I have been selling my lamps on the wonderful Etsy for nearly two years but I have never made a treasury. For those who are not familiar with the site, go and have a look, you'll love it. It's a worldwide platform for buying and selling handmade goods. It's a wonderful online community and there are lots of clever ways of sharing and promoting work. One way is a 'treasury'. As an Etsy member you can curate a collection of Etsy products that you love and that fit your chosen theme. If you're really lucky this collection can end up on the front page and get viewed by thousands of people across the world. The other night I made a couple of treasuries for the first time and I really got into it. You get to scour the site whilst searching for beautiful products and images and discover some real gems along the way. I don't know if you read, but last week in Hastings we made my friend Wendy Jung an Etsy site and thought that 'urchin' would be a good search term for her nightlights. This inspired me to search the site for other urchin type things....and away we went. A treasury was born.

It was wonderfully satisfying so I couldn't stop there. You see that lovely bird print at the top of this picture. Well I bought this last week. These cute little guys are now looking lovely in my living room....I also bought the hedgerow earrings that i blogged about and thought I'd use hedgerow as a theme. What do you find there? Hedgehogs, flowers, mice, spiders in their webs....I found so many lovely things by lots of clever, clever creative people out there!

To top it off, BOTH of my treasuries made the front page of Etsy last night and I was so very happy to discover this thismorning! I will certainly be making more!

If you want to look closer at any of these things you can see them here.

1 comment:

Lorrie said...

Thank you Hannah for including me in your lovely treasury. I too love making treasuries (and believe me, it's a lot easier now than it was with the old system). Anyway, last night I made a new treasury, and as a thank you included one of your lovely lamps and the colour pallette as a basis for my treasury. I hope you like it.

http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4c9a5d0988108eef27bfcf2f/i-would-like-the-following

Best wishes
Lorrie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...