Tuesday 12 August 2014

Maartje van den Noort


My favourite hour of our twenty-four-hours-in-Amsterdam was going to visit Maartje van den Noort in her studio.


I wrote about Maartje's work in Illuminate but I never got to meet her at the time. 


I wrote about her studio - an old sailors home on the dockside with grand stairs, high ceilings and huge windows. It was as lovely as I imagined.


Look how beautiful the light was.


I love her work. Her drawings excite and inspire me. She makes such beautiful lines.


It seems we are inspired by similar things and we had a lot to talk about.


It's always nice to talk with other artists about their processes and their dreams.




I could have stayed chatting and drinking tea for many hours but it was time for us all to go.


Maartje, thankyou for having us. It was a joy. I look forward to seeing you next year when you come to visit England.

Have a look at Maartje's lovely work on her website here.

2 comments:

Amy Hauschild said...

beautiful and inspiring! love it!

Gil Kazimirov said...

Grreat blog you have

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...